People, especially those of you over 50 years, need to ‘ face the facts’ about Macular Degeneration.
- Macular Degeneration (MD) is the leading cause of blindness and severe vision loss in Australia
- 1 in 7 of people over 50 have some signs of MD
- If you have a family history of MD, you have a 50% chance of developing the disease
- You can have the early signs of MD without even knowing
- MD destroys central vision, affecting your ability to read, drive, recognise faces and see colour
- An eye test can detect MD and help save your sight
- Positive diet and lifestyle can support good macular health